Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Something New

Recently it was a friend's birthday and a few of us girls decided to get together for dinner and, of course, cake!  Since it was during my children's March break I was short on extra time trying to keep them busy and lost the time to do something more elaborate with the cake.  I decided last minute that I would try a technique that I had seen recently and looked easy enough...

When I first started I thought to myself,"What have I done?!"  It wasn't looking too good, but I powered on!  After the 2nd row I still wasn't sure about how this whole thing was going to play out in the end, but once it was all finished I was very happy with the results!

1 comment:

  1. I love the rosette cakes! I have done a few myself (practicing with different ways to tint the icing) They are so easy to make and really don't take much time! It looks great
    www.talesofmommyhood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete